EPS Descriptor PLUS Cluster Tagging
Tagging Your Data
The Descriptor PLUS Cluster Tagging capability allows you to do self-service tagging of your data with Educational Neighborhood and High School Cluster values. Using the EPS platform you can upload a maximum of five data files to be tagged at any given time, and allows up to 1,000,000 records per data file. EPS retains your tagged file for you to download for two weeks.
NOTE: Descriptor PLUS tagging hyperlink is located in the right hand corner tool box of the EPS dashboard page.
To upload your file you must prepare your data carefully following the instructions. The precise file layout is extremely important. Fields must be in the order specified and values must be coded to match the given values. Do not include column headers, the first line should be your first record. If your data files are not carefully and properly prepared for upload, your data file will not be tagged. After uploading your data, you will receive a message within 24 hours confirming your file has been tagged or notifying you of any errors. (See File Layout for file layout requirements.)
NOTE: You must submit your file as a zipped (*.zip) fixed length ASCII text file. Other file formats are not acceptable. Neither the zipped file name nor the .zip file should contain spaces or special characters. If you need assistance converting files to fixed width please see link above.
- From within the EPS application, click on the Descriptor PLUS Cluster Tagging option from the right menu bar.
- Click on the Upload Data option to upload your file.
- Enter a Description for your file.
- Locate your file by clicking on the Browse button.
- After selecting your file, click on the Upload option to upload the file.
- You will see your file listed below in the Descriptor PLUS Uploaded Files section. The display includes the file status, which will initially be "Pending."
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of any errors or confirming that your file has been tagged and is ready for download.