Importing Your Data
Importing your school’s suspect, prospect and applicant data into EPS can increase the value of the Enrollment Planning Service. Imported data becomes another data source in the software that you can use to analyze your data and create reports. EPS allows you to import a maximum of 15 data files for a total of 1,000,000 records across all files.
To import your data you must prepare your data carefully following these instructions. The precise file layout is extremely important. Fields must be in the order specified and values must be coded to match the given values. Do not include column headers, the first line should be your first record. If your data files are not carefully and properly prepared for import, your data file will not be validated. After uploading your data, you will receive a message within 24 hours confirming your data is valid or notifying of you any errors. (See File Layout for file layout requirements.)
NOTE: You must submit your file as a zipped (*.zip) fixed length ASCII text file. Other file formats are not acceptable. Neither the zipped file name nor the .zip file should contain spaces in the file name. If you need assistance converting text files to fixed width see link above.
- Click on the Interactive Tab to access Import Data link.
- Click on the Import Data link above the list of reports.
- Enter a Description for your import.
- Locate your file by clicking on the Browse button.
- After selecting your file, click on the Upload link to upload the file.
- You will see your file listed below in the Data Imported list along with details about the file.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of any errors or confirming that your file is valid and ready to be used to create Interactive reports.
Once your data has been imported, you can use it as a data source in Interactive reports.
- Click on the Interactive Reports tab.
- Click on the Create New link.
- Give your report a name if desired.
- Expand the My Imported Data data source.
- Make your selections for Geography, Data Scope, Criteria, Row Value (required), Column Value(s) (required) and My Imported File (required).
- Click on the Save link if you want to save your report; otherwise click on the Run link to display your report.