- The teacher has read the most recent AP Calculus AB Course Description.
- The course teaches all topics associated with Functions, Graphs, and Limits; Derivatives; and Integrals as delineated in the Calculus AB Topic Outline in the AP Calculus Course Description.
- The course provides students with the opportunity to work with functions represented in a variety of ways -- graphically, numerically, analytically, and verbally -- and emphasizes the connections among these representations.
- The course teaches students how to communicate mathematics and explain solutions to problems both verbally and in written sentences.
- The course teaches students how to use graphing calculators to help solve problems, experiment, interpret results, and support conclusions.