- The teacher has read the most current AP Latin Course Description.
- The course is structured to enable students to complete the entire required reading list (as delineated in the AP Latin Course Description).
- The course gives students frequent opportunities to practice reading and translating as literally as possible from Latin into English the required passages from Vergil's Aeneid. All required passages are read in Latin; the entire Aeneid is read in English.
- The course gives students frequent opportunities to practice written analysis and critical interpretation of Vergil's Aeneid, including appropriate references to the use of stylistic and metrical techniques by Vergil.
- The course examines the historical, social, cultural, and political context of Vergil's Aeneid.
- The course provides frequent practice in reading Latin at sight.