- The teacher has read the most recent AP Physics Course Description.
- The course covers electricity and magnetism in depth and provides instruction in each of the following five content areas outlined in the Course Description:
- Conductors, capacitors, and dielectrics
- Electric circuits
- Magnetic fields
- Introductory differential and integral calculus is used throughout the course.
- The course utilizes guided inquiry and student-centered learning to foster the development of critical thinking skills.
- The course includes a laboratory component comparable to a semester-long, college-level physics laboratory. Students spend a minimum of 20% of instructional time engaged in laboratory work. A hands-on laboratory component is required. Each student should complete a lab notebook or portfolio of lab reports. Note: Online course providers utilizing virtual labs (simulations rather than hands-on) should submit their laboratory materials for the audit. If these lab materials are determined to develop the skills and learning objectives of hands-on labs, then courses which use these labs may receive authorization to use the "AP" designation.