Effective July 1, 2012, the CLEP exam fee will be $80. We are sensitive to the current economic conditions and strive to keep our costs to a minimum. Our primary goal is to maintain and continue developing a valid and reliable testing program that helps students reach their educational goals.
Read More +
In the past year, we have launched a number of new initiatives and tools, including:
- An interactive website where students and professionals can easily access resources on the CLEP program
- New guides, brochures and tools that highlight the value of the CLEP exam, including Academic Success in Higher Education
- A series of new online professional development workshops and regional mini-conferences around the nation
We encourage you to let your students know about the CLEP exam fee increase. Starting July 1, CLEP marketing materials will include the new exam fee. Materials can be ordered through our Free CLEP Materials portal.
We have made several exciting enhancements to the functionality of the CLEP website.
Read More +
- Our Policy Form can be used as a tool to update your existing CLEP policy or submit a new policy. Updates will be featured on CLEP's College Search.
- An interactive News & Events section includes upcoming events, CLEP Notes and news.
- You can now perform Test Center Search and College Search by city, state or ZIP code to locate centers that are within a 100-mile radius from original search.
- A more robust Contact Us page features frequently asked questions.
- You can now search the entire CLEP site via the "Search by Keyword" tool.
In addition, we will soon post new testimonials and videos from educators like you, promoting the benefits of CLEP to students, families and institutions.
Catch the latest highlights about CLEP in the news around the nation. CLEP continues to be a proven solution to save students money while helping them achieve their college goals.
Read More +
Indiana Answers President Obama's Call to Train Skilled Workers
Indiana has recently voted to use Workforce Investment Act (WIA) dollars to cover prior learning assessments (PLAs).
Colleges Increasingly Dependent on Tuition, U.S. Study Shows
The Government Accountability Office reports, "Tuition and fees rose to 22 from 16 percent of total revenue at public colleges and universities, and to 40 from 29 percent at private, nonprofit institutions."
New Data on Extent of Student Debt
The outstanding balance of student loans surpasses both the total credit card balance and car loan balance in the U.S., according to a report by the Federal Reserve Bank. CLEP exams can ease the burden of student loans.
UMA Provides Technology to Support Base-Sponsored National Test Center for CLEP Exams at USCG Sector St. Petersburg
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) becomes a base-sponsored National Test Center for CLEP, to benefit Coast Guard personnel and other military constituents who want to earn college credit.
A Third of Students Transfer Before Graduating, and Many Head Toward Community Colleges
College administrators and policymakers need to put effective policies in motion to handle the increasing transfer rates, a study shows. Offering options such as CLEP to students so they can demonstrate prior learning and test out of introductory-level courses can be a solution to the retention crisis.
Earning College Credit While in High School
CLEP is offered as a solution to the increasing challenge of college affordability in Minnesota. The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System has endorsed a uniform credit-granting policy for CLEP.
Register for our online professional development series, featuring topics of interest specific to faculty, advisers, enrollment managers, testing professionals and others. Participants will become familiar with CLEP benefits and best practices and learn more about how to help students become aware of CLEP, the validity and reliability of CLEP exams and the CLEP exam development process. Register today
"If you know it, show it! CLEP testing is a way to document knowledge and earn college credit for what you already know. Many of our candidates earn credit for knowledge that they gained through work, self-study or personal development." — Mary E. Maggard, Manager, Bluegrass Community and Technical College