Welcome to the Early Participation Program!
The College Board's PSAT/NMSQT® Early Participation Program is an initiative designed to increase access for and involvement of all students in the college-going process. By engaging students at an earlier age while there is still time to inform instruction and learning, the Early Participation Program helps increase their readiness for college.
What are the benefits of the Early Participation Program?
- Fosters participation of underserved student populations in the college-going process
- Provides early preparation and feedback
- Equips students with college-planning tools
- Helps educators identify students for AP® programs
- Offers significant cost savings
School systems that:
- Serve populations composed of at least 25 percent low-income and minority students
- Commit to cultivating a college-going culture for all students
- Agree to test at least 75 percent of students in participating grades, one of which must be 10th grade
- Test students on Wednesdays to facilitate maximum participation
How does the Early Participation Program work?
- Reduces cost of all student test fees in participating grades by up to 25 percent
- Charges districts a fixed fee, regardless of how many students actually take the PSAT/NMSQT
- Waives unused test fees, encouraging schools to order sufficient quantities without penalty
|Important 2013-2014 Dates|
|June 28||Priority date for schools to order test materials* and request fee waivers (for juniors) online at www.collegeboard.org/school**.|
|August 28||Deadline for receipt of completed SSD accommodations requests|
|September 27||Last date for U.S. schools to increase test orders|
|Wednesday, October 16||PSAT/NMSQT Test Day for all EPP-participating schools|
* June 28 is the priority date to order test materials in order to ensure timely delivery of Official Student Guides. Please remind your schools to register early and to order sufficient quantities. All registrations and orders must be done by each school's PSAT/NMSQT coordinator. Note: Schools in Early Participation Program districts do not pay unused test fees so schools should order as many test materials as they feel they need to inclusively test their students on Wednesday, October 16.
** Fee waivers are allocated for eligible juniors only on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be available after June 28. If your EPP includes juniors, your schools may not request fee waivers. Learn more about fee waivers.
Communicate with your schools: email and letter templates
Download customizable templates for communicating key PSAT/NSMQT dates and events to your school's PSAT/NMSQT coordinators throughout the school year. Log into your PSAT/NMSQT District Order Summary Page to email all your coordinators.
- PSAT/NMSQT District Order Summary Page: Log in and view all of your schools' current orders for test materials and send email communications directly to your schools' PSAT/NMSQT coordinators, using the district email and letter templates.
- Instructions for Schools: Completing the Online Remittance Report (.pdf/250K) View the instructions for completing the online remittance report, which should be submitted no later than the school day following test day.
- Letter to parents (English): Highlights PSAT/NMSQT benefits and explains that the test fee is being covered by the district.
- Letter to Parents (Spanish): Highlights PSAT/NMSQT benefits and explains that the test fee is being covered by the district.
- Access Your District's 2012 AP Potential Data
- Access Your District's 2012 Summary of Answers and Skills Report
- PSAT/NMSQT 2012 State Summary Reports
- PSAT/NMSQT Early Participation Program Brochure (.pdf/423KB)
- PSAT/NMSQT Skills Mapped to State Standards
- Download Free PSAT/NMSQT Resources for Schools
Plan Ahead: Upcoming PSAT/NMSQT Test Dates
Wednesday, October 15
Saturday, October 18
Please feel free to connect with us by emailing your questions or comments about the Early Participation Program to email@example.com. We hope that you and your staff find this web resource useful and we welcome your feedback.