Purpose of Your Search
Designing your Search strategy depends on what you want to accomplish. The following list shows typical goals you can accomplish using SSS and the right strategy.
- Increase the visibility of an institution by sending letters, brochures, or other materials that show the campus and surrounding areas.
- Reach a particular group with email and follow up with hard copy.
- Augment the general inquiry pool.
- Increase the enrollment of honors and AP students.
- Strengthen majors that have low enrollment.
- Increase student body diversity—racially, geographically, or by gender.
- Promote new programs.
- Test new markets.
- Invite students to campus events promoting an ROTC program.