A growing number of colleges are designing Search strategies to target students for particular departments or programs. Examples of groups typically targeted include:
- High-achieving students for honors programs.
- Rosters of prospective students to contact with information about when your representative will visit their schools.
- Prospective students interested in special programs and scholarship opportunities.
- Prospective students you want to invite to your local receptions or open houses.
- Prospective students who indicate that their parents cannot meet the full cost of a college education and are interested in your financial aid information.
- Prospective students who would be interested in workshops or other information about certain academic programs at your institution.
- Prospective students who live near your school and are potential commuters.
- Prospective students for an under enrolled academic program.