You may use a calculator on the math sections.
Students are strongly encouraged to take a calculator to the PSAT/NMSQT, whether or not they plan to use it.
- Take a calculator you are comfortable using. Don't buy a new one just for the test.
- Don't try to use the calculator on every question. No question requires one.
- Decide how to solve each problem before deciding whether to use a calculator.
- Practice sample questions with a calculator on hand.
- Students will not be allowed to share calculators with other students.
- four-function calculator
- scientific calculator
- graphing calculator
Calculators NOT permitted:
- pocket organizer
- hand-held or laptop computer
- electronic writing pad or pen input device
- calculator with a QWERTY (typewriter-like) keypad
- calculator with paper tape
- calculator that makes noises or "talks"
- calculator that requires an outlet