Score Report Plus
PSAT/NMSQT scores indicate how ready you are for college-level work. In addition to your test scores, your Score Report Plus gives you personalized feedback on your academic skills, and is full of information to help you get ready for college and for the SAT®.
Score Report Plus gives you:
- Your Scores
PSAT/NMSQT scores are reported on a scale of 20 to 80. In 2012, the average score for eleventh graders was approximately 48 in critical reading, 49 in mathematics, and 47 in writing skills. The average score for tenth graders was approximately 43 in critical reading, 44 in mathematics, and 42 in writing skills.
Ranges give you another way to think about your scores. They show how much your scores would likely vary if you took the PSAT/NMSQT a number of times.
National percentiles help you compare your performance on the PSAT/NMSQT to the performance of other juniors or sophomores. If you are a freshman or younger, you are being compared to sophomores.
- Your Skills
In the "Your Skills" section you will get personalized feedback on your academic skills, based on your test performance. After reviewing this section, go online and log in to My College QuickStart™ to try hundreds of practice questions that can help you work on the skills you want to improve.
- Your Answers
This section contains the number, correct answer, your answer, and level of difficulty are displayed for every question on the test. This is extremely valuable to you since you get your actual copy of the PSAT/NMSQT test booklet back when you receive your Score Report Plus.
- Next Steps
In the "Next Steps" section, you'll find information about the major you expressed interest in on test day, as well as an access code that allows you to go online and learn more about this major, related majors, and careers that may be a good fit for you.
My College QuickStart
All students who take the PSAT/NMSQT receive free access to My College QuickStart, a personalized college planning tool that complements the Score Report Plus. With the access code provided on your score report, you can access the following:
- My Online Score Report—an enhanced score report that allows students to review each test question, their answers, and the correct answers with answer explanations
- My SAT Study Plan—a customized SAT study plan based on students' PSAT/NMSQT test performance, highlighting skills for review and practice
- My Personality—a detailed personality test that helps students learn about themselves and discover majors and careers that fit their strengths and interests
- My Major & Career Matches—extensive information about majors and careers, including insights about what to expect and what courses to take now
- My College Matches—a starter list of colleges based on students' home state and indicated choice of major
- My AP Potential—a list of AP courses that you might be ready for now and that shows which are related to college majors of interest to you.
My College QuickStart is available using the access code printed on your score report, and it can be utilized throughout high school. Score reports are distributed by your school after December. Log in or take a tour of My College QuickStart.
National Merit Scholarship Programs: Selection Index
The Selection Index is used by National Merit Scholarship Corporation to designate students honored in its scholarship programs. Write or phone NMSC for information.